The long-rumored new edition of PlayStation Plus has officially been confirmed, and it will be available in June.
PlayStation Plus is a paid subscription service that offers the following features to users:
- Two monthly downloadable games
- Exclusive discounts
- Cloud storage for saved games
- Online multiplayer access
The All-new PlayStation Plus Tiers will expand this to three levels. These are PlayStation Plus Essential, Extra, and Premium (or Deluxe in select markets).
Existing PlayStation Plus subscribers are classified as Essential. This tier’s pricing and advantages will remain unchanged. Here are some pricing examples from significant markets:
- United States — US$ 9.99 monthly / US$ 24.99 quarterly / US$ 59.99 yearly
- Singapore — SG$ 8.90 monthly / SG$ 21.90 quarterly / SG$ 53.90 yearly
- Hong Kong — HK$ 48 monthly / HK$ 128 quarterly / HK$ 308 yearly
- Malaysia — MYR 29 monthly / MYR 69 quarterly / MYR 159 yearly
PlayStation Plus Extra has all of the features of PlayStation Plus Essential, as well as a catalogue of up to 400 PS4 and PS5 games. According to the PlayStation Blog, it contains “blockbuster blockbusters from our PlayStation Studios portfolio and third-party partners.” Games on the Extra tier can be downloaded and played.
Here’s pricing in key markets:
- United States — US$ 14.99 monthly / US$ 39.99 quarterly / US$ 99.99 yearly
- Singapore — SG$ 13.90 monthly / SG$ 35.90 quarterly / SG$ 89.90 yearly
- Hong Kong — HK$ 75 monthly / HK$ 215 quarterly / HK$ 515 yearly
- Malaysia — MYR 44 monthly / MYR 114 quarterly / MYR 269 yearly
PlayStation Plus Premium and PlayStation Plus Deluxe are available. These two have nearly identical benefits, which we will discuss momentarily. The main distinction is cloud streaming.
Cloud streaming is only available in a limited number of markets. Premium will be available in these markets. Deluxe will be available in markets where clouds streaming is not available.
Here are the PlayStation Plus Premium benefits:
- Everything the Essential and Extra tiers have to offer.
- Adds up to 240 additional games. These include PS3 games available via cloud streaming as well as a catalog of original PlayStation, PS2, and PSP games. These are available both for download and streaming.
- Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets** where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.
- Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.
Pricing are as follows:
- United States — US$ 17.99 monthly / US$ 49.99 quarterly / US$ 119.99 yearly
- United Kingdom — £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
- Japan — ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
As previously stated, Deluxe will be available in markets where cloud streaming is not available. It provides the same features as Premium, except games are only available for download rather than streaming.
Pricing are as follows:
- Singapore — SG$ 15.90 monthly / SG$ 40.90 quarterly / SG$ 103.90 yearly
- Hong Kong — HK$ 85 monthly / HK$ 239 quarterly / HK$ 599 yearly
- Malaysia — MYR 50 monthly / MYR 130 quarterly / MYR 309 yearly
How Is It Different From Game Pass?
Both memberships, particularly the top-tier ones (PlayStation Plus Premium | Deluxe, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate), give gamers access to a back catalogue of games on the respective platforms. The most significant benefit of Game Pass is that new games are immediately available at launch.