The EA Social widget in FIFA 23 allows players to invite and add friends from other platforms!
FIFA 23 pushes the football game to new heights by including several new features that many players have requested.
The option to invite and add gamers from other platforms to your friend list is one of them. This is how!
To add your friends on EA Social, you’ll need to search for their EA ID from the “Player Seach” option using the following steps:
- Press R2/RT from the Main Menu to access the EA Social/Friends Menu. From the PC, follow the on-screen prompt on the bottom right side of the screen.
- If you receive an invite/request from another player, you’ll notice a notification on the bottom right of the screen that you can interact with with R2/RT.
Once in the EA Social menu, you’ll have access to the following options:
- Game Invites
- Friend Requests
- Player Search
- Recently Met
- Any players with whom you are friends and who use the same platform as you will appear in the “Friends” area of EA Social.
- You’ll need to go to the “Player Search” tab if you want to add players from other platforms.
- You must enter the EA ID of the friend you want to add here. These are not case sensitive, but you must provide an exact match for them to appear.
- When you add a player using their EA ID, you will see the following options on their name:
- If you have a cross-platform friend, it will only show EA titles when you are online.
- Their lobby status within FIFA 23 Option to invite if compatible; if incompatible, it will notify you why.
- Additional Player Actions are available. Remove Friend Block Report Mute.
You can add cross-platform players as EA Friends in EA Social and even ask them to play one of the cross-play compatible modes.
This is one of the elements implemented by EA to help streamline the new cross-play features in FIFA 23.
How to Send Invites to Players On Other Platforms in FIFA 23
There are two different ways to invite players to a match in FIFA 23, depending on which mode you are playing:
For VOLTA Football & Pro-Club Drop-Ins:
- Before issuing an invite to FIFA 23, players will be able to accept, search, and request pals all from the same interface.
- Press R2/RT or interact with the prompt in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- This will launch EA Social.
- Navigate to the “Player Search” tab from here.
- If they were a player with whom you recently played a match, you can retrieve their EA ID by going to the “Recently Met” tab.
- Find the EA ID of the player you want to invite.
- You can invite the player from this page.
For all other modes, you will need to follow these steps:
- Press R2/RT or interact with your screen’s bottom right friends tab.
- This will display a list of friends who have already been sorted out using the techniques listed below:
- Cross-play is not currently supported in the game mode.
- The player hasn’t set up a FUT Club.
- They have not yet chosen to participate in cross-play.
In FIFA 23, you must perform the following to accept a Friend Request:
- If you get a friend request or invitation from someone on EA Social, you will be prompted to accept it.
- You can accept or deny this prompt by pressing R2/RT.
- If you agree, you will be escorted to the lobby where you were invited.
- If you miss the prompt, the invite will be waiting for you in the EA Social menu’s “Friend Requests” or “Game Invites” page.
- Once you’ve completed your FIFA 23 friend list, don’t forget to read about the updated Chemistry system and how it might help your Ultimate Team.