Battlefield 2042 is one of the most popular and best games created this decade. There are many different bug fixes, upgrades, patches, and game modes that Battlefield 2042 receives in order to keep it at the highest quality level possible. However, sometimes you might run into a bug or error code like the Battlefield 2042 Error Code 25.
Why does Battlefield 2042 error code 25 Occur?
Battlefield 2042 error code 25 is mostly caused by an out-of-date graphics driver. However, there are other causes contributing to the situation. So, before we go into the remedies, let’s look at the many causes of the issue.
- Outdated graphics driver
- Overclocked third-party apps
- Battlefield 2042 “Easy Anti-cheat” System
Ways To Fix Battlefield 2042 Error Code 25
Update the graphics driver
If you are having trouble running Battlefield 2042 on your computer, you’re not alone. The game is quite demanding, so it does have some graphics-related issues that can cause problems.
When your graphics driver is outdated, it can cause a number of problems including error code 25. If you’re willing to download the latest graphics driver for your system, follow these steps:
- Press the “Windows” key from the keyboard to open the “Start Menu”.
- Type “Device Manager” and press enter.
- The device Manager window will pop up
- Double-tap on “Display Adaptors” to expand the option.
- Select the Graphic Card and right click and select Update Driver.
- A popup will appear select “Search automatically for drivers”
The system will now search for any available graphics driver updates. If it is discovered, Windows will immediately download it. After updating, restart your machine and launch Battlefield 2042. Check to see whether the issue has been resolved. If so, have fun with the game. However, if you continue to get error code 25, go to the next solution.
“Easy Anti-cheat” file repair
Some of the “Easy Anti-cheat” files may have been destroyed or corrupted during the installation process. As a consequence, you are experiencing Battlefield 2042 problem code 25.
The simplest solution is to just reinstall the game. If you don’t want to go the lengthy route, you may also get by with a basic “Easy Anti-cheat” file repair. So, here are the actions to do in order to fix the file.
- Navigate to the installation directory for Battlefield 2042.
- Navigate to the folder “Easy Anti-cheat.”
- Look for “EasyAntiCheat Setup.exe” in the folder.
- Once discovered, right-click on the file and choose “Run as administrator.”
- Select the repair choice from the list of alternatives.
- Windows will fix the file in a few seconds. Restart the game when it has been repaired to see whether the issue has been resolved.
Shut all overclocked programs on your PC
Without a doubt, overclocking improves system performance to a larger degree. However, it has been seen on many occasions that overclocked applications are the primary cause of several difficulties. So, the next thing you can attempt to get rid of Battlefield 2042 problem code 25 is to shut all overclocked programs on your PC.
Manually launch the Easy Anti-cheat program
The last step in resolving Battlefield 2042 problem code 25 is to manually launch the Easy Anti-cheat program. The Easy Anti-cheat is one of the most crucial components of the game, and if it fails to start correctly, it will display various problems. However, Easy Anti-cheat will only be available with the game that employs the anti-cheat system. However, according to many user reports, “error code 25” may be resolved by manually running the anti-cheat program.
So, here are the procedures for launching the “Easy Anti-cheat” service.
- To open the “Run” dialogue box on your PC, use the Windows + R shortcut key.
- Enter “services.msc” into the search field and click Enter.
- The services window will appear, displaying the many services that are currently functioning on your system.
- Locate “Easy Anti-cheat” in the list of active services.
- When you find it, right-click on it and choose “Start.”
As previously stated, this service will function if it is started alongside a game. So, if you read the message “failed to deploy the service,” don’t be shocked; that was exactly what you expected. Restart Battlefield 2042 on your PC to see whether the issue has been resolved.
Overall, the game does seem to be a bit more stable than before, which is always a welcome change. If you’re experiencing any bugs or issues at all in Battlefield 2042, be sure to comment below and we’ll take care of that for you without fail!
If you have found your own solutions to fix the Battlefield 2042 error code 25, then share it with fellow gamers in the comment section below. Don’t forget to share your experience with others and help them out if they are also facing a similar issue.