Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, a first-person action-adventure multiplayer video game based in the Warhammer 40,000 world, was just published by Fatshark. Despite the fact that the game is new to the market, it has garnered several excellent reviews on Steam owing to its outstanding aesthetics and gaming experience. However, it seems that numerous users are experiencing unexpected Warhammer 40000 Darktide Error Codes 4001 and 4008 on Windows PC.
In terms of these particular problem codes, the Warhammer 40K: Darktide error code is likely to appear anytime unlucky gamers are disconnected from the game servers or are unable to join a new game. Several gamers are still encountering similar troubles long after the title was released. Fortunately, there are a few viable solutions listed below that should help you address similar issues. So, let’s get started.
It’s also worth noting that some gamers have previously tried and found beneficial the following troubleshooting approaches. So you may try them out as well. However, bear in mind that these solutions may not assist everyone in all instances. Here we will discuss two error codes: 4001 and 4008.
Why do Warhammer 40000 Darktide Error Codes 4001 and 4008 occur?
When Warhammer 40K Darktide players are disconnected from the server or the game server blocks players from joining a party, Darktide Error Code 4001 displays. After finishing the tutorial, it seems that the majority of Xbox Game Pass subscription subscribers are seeing Error Code 4001 on the PC. This error code may emerge as a result of a server-side fault or an overwhelmed server capacity.
The error code 4001 happens when the ‘Hot connect party hub failed’ problem occurs, as well as when joining other players in matches. It’s always a good idea to try the troubleshooting solutions listed below since some gamers have found them useful.
Turn Off Firewall/Antivirus
To prevent several troubles, consider deactivating the Windows Firewall and Antivirus application on the PC by following the instructions below.
- Open Windows Defender Firewall by going to the Start Menu and typing it in.
- Then, from the left pane, choose to Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall for all domains (not recommended) option.
- Once finished, click OK to preserve the changes > Reboot your computer to apply the changes.
Then, to ensure that no antivirus software is preventing the game files from running properly, try turning off the Windows Defender antivirus program on your PC. To do this:
- To launch Settings, press the Win+I keys together.
- Select Update & Security > Select Windows Security.
- Select Open Windows Security > Navigate to Virus and threat protection.
- Now, go to Manage Settings > Turn Off Real-time Protection.
- To continue, choose Yes when requested.
Download Latest Game Version
This is usually the trick that works right away. Sometimes, a patch or update has been released that allows users to continue playing Warhammer 40000 Darktide. If you don’t know how to update the game. You can follow the steps below:
- Go to Library on the Steam client.
- From the left pane, choose Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
- Steam will automatically look for the latest update.
- If an update is available, click Update.
- Make sure to give the update some time to finish.
- After that, restart the computer to effect the modifications.
Verify Party Host Connection
You may check the party host’s connection settings to verify there is no problem with the game running on the PC. Some of the impacted gamers said that waiting a couple of hours and retrying fixed the problem for them.
Try Running the Game As an Administrator
To grant User Account Control (UAC) access to the system, execute the game app file on your PC as an administrator. In certain circumstances, your system needs UAC access permission to launch critical software. By following the instructions below, you will only have to provide admin access once and it will never ask for it again. To do this:
- Navigate to the Warhammer 40000 Darktide game directory.
- Right-click the game exe file on your computer.
- Select Properties > Select the Compatibility tab.
- To enable it, tick the Run this software as an administrator checkbox.
- Once finished, click Apply and then OK to preserve your changes.
- Finally, double-click the game app file to start it.
Fix Corrupted Game Files
It is advised that you validate and fix the game files on your PC by following the procedures below. In certain circumstances, damaged or missing game files on your PC might cause significant problems. Repairing the game files may resolve the problem.
- Start the Steam client > Select Library.
- Select Warhammer 40,000: Darktide from the list by right-clicking it.
- Go to the Local Files tab by clicking on Properties.
- Select Verify Game File Integrity.
- This procedure might take some time to finish. So you’ll have to wait for it.
- Once completed, restart the computer to effect the modifications.
Fix Warhammer Darktide Error Code 4008
Another widespread problem for Warhammer 40K Darktide PC gamers is the ‘failed handshake timeout’ Error Code 4008.
A few gamers have stated that deactivating the firewall or the VPN may cure the problem most of the time.
Fixing Game Files
It is strongly advised to check and fix the installed game files on the PC by following the methods outlined below, which may assist the game files in running correctly.
- Go to Library on the Steam client.
- Right-click on Warhammer 40000 Darktide and choose Properties.
- Go to the Properties menu and choose Local Files.
- Then choose Verify game file integrity.
- Once the procedure is complete, try starting the game to see whether the problem persists.
Completely Reinstall Game
If none of the options work, be sure you uninstall and reinstall the game on your PC using the instructions below. Issues with a corrupted game program or file might cause a lot of headaches, but they are simply resolved by reinstalling the game.
- Open the Type control panel by clicking on the Start Menu > Type control panel.
- Select Uninstall a program> Choose Warhammer 40K Darktide as your game.
- Uninstall it by selecting Uninstall and following the on-screen directions.
- Now, restart your computer to implement the modifications > Launch the Steam client.
- Reinstall the Warhammer 40000 Darktide game from the Steam Store.
Shut Application Running In the Background
Next, you may try shutting other unwanted background apps from Task Manager to free up some CPU/RAM, which will allow the game to run more smoothly. To do this:
- To launch Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Click on Processes to see which tasks are using the most resources.
- Simply right-click on the process and choose End Task to forcibly terminate it.
- Make sure to repeat these procedures for any third-party app process that consumes more resources.
- After that, exit Task Manager and restart your computer.
Is your Internet Fast Enough?
Check that your internet connection is fast and steady enough to successfully run the game or connect to the servers. To troubleshoot, try switching your internet connection to a wireless or wired (ethernet) network.
Don’t Use VPN
To begin, disable or remove the VPN service from the PC/router to check there is no difficulty with the game opening. VPN services may connect to servers in multiple regions, however, this raises the ping delay or latency, which can ultimately cause gaming connection, lags, stutters, and other issues.
Hopefully, this guide has helped solve Warhammer 40000 Darktide errors. However, if you’re still having problems with Warhammer 40000 Darktide or other games that you’ve purchased, you can comment down below, and we will try to answer all your problems.