Not a fan of your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4’s default notification sound? You can, however, change the sound to anything else you want.
You can choose to have a different notification sound for each notification or to have various sounds for alerts from different apps.
Even better, if you don’t like any of the noises that come with your phone, you may add your own tone.
Let’s figure out how to do all of that.
Change Notification Sound on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Change the Sound of All Notifications
When you don’t want separate tones for notifications from different apps, choosing a single tone for all notifications makes sense. To set a custom notification sound on your Galaxy Z Fold 4, follow the steps below:
- Swipe down from the top of your cover screen to reveal the Quick Access panel.
- Look for the Gear or Cog icon. That is your Settings app shortcut. Tap it to activate it.
- When the Settings menu appears, look for the ‘Sounds and vibrations’ option.
- In the next menu that appears, select ‘Notification Sounds.’
You will now see a vast list of tones that you can utilise. Tap any tone to hear how it sounds. Then make it your Galaxy Z Fold 4’s default notification sound.
Customize Notification Sound for a Specific App
You could want different notification tones for various apps. Android’s adaptability will allow you to do so. For example, you might prefer a different tone for WhatsApp notifications than you do for Slack notifications.
Different notification sounds for various apps might assist you in quickly determining which programme is providing notifications. If you know it’s not extremely important or something vital, you can opt to ignore or view the notification.
To customise various notification tones for different apps on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, follow these steps:
- Step 1: On your Galaxy Z Fold 4’s cover screen, swipe down from the top to bring up the Quick Access panel.
- Find the Cog or Gear icon on your phone and tap it to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down until you reach the ‘Apps’ option. Choose an option.
- On the following screen, you’ll see a list of all the apps you’ve downloaded. Tap the app for which you wish to customise the notification sound.
- On the following screen, you will see many sections. ‘App Settings’ is one of the sections. Tap the ‘Notifications’ option in the App Settings section.
- Next, select ‘Notification categories.’
- Scroll down to ‘Miscellaneous’ on the following screen and tap on it.
- On the next page, press ‘Sound,’ then choose the tone you desire.
Yes, the procedure is time-consuming, but the good news is that you can customise the tone for any programme you have loaded. Using this method, you can even change individual system app notification sound on Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4.
You can make your phone vibrate when particular apps deliver notifications if you like. You can turn the notification to silent mode if you don’t want particular apps to make noise. You can even turn off app notifications entirely.
How Do I Add a New Sound to Customize the Notification Sound?
If you don’t like any of the default tones on your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, you can add a tone of your choice. However, you must do some further actions in order to use your favourite sound clip as a notification sound.
A notification sound should not last more than 20 seconds. As a result, be sure that the clip you intend to use is properly cropped. You can create ringtones and notification tones using your PC or a variety of different web applications.
- Once you’ve completed the sound clip, send it to your Galaxy Z Fold 4 and download it. The downloaded sound will be saved automatically in your Music Folder.
You must obtain the audio clip. Navigate to My Documents » Audio » Music. Locate the file you just downloaded.
- Long-press the file, then choose the ‘Copy’ option.
- Return to the ‘My Files’ home screen now. There is an option labelled ‘Internal Storage.’ Select that option.
- Scroll down to ‘Notifications’ on the following screen. Select that option by tapping on it.
- Once in the Notifications folder, select the ‘Copy Here’ option.
- Exit the My Files app and navigate to the Settings app.
- Go to Sounds and vibrations » Notification sounds in the Settings app to set the tone as your default notification sound. Alternatively, navigate to Settings » Apps ». Choose an app » Notifications (in the App Settings section) » Notification Types » Miscellaneous » Make a new tone and set it as the notification tone for a certain app.
If you don’t want to go through the trouble of manually setting a tone to your phone, you may always utilise an app like ZEDGE.
Not only do you receive a vast selection of ringtones and notification noises with ZEDGE, but you also get a large selection of wallpapers.
It is not advisable to utilise a different notification sound for each app that you have installed. That is completely dumb since you will soon become confused. Customize the notification sound for the most critical apps on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4.