Cyberpunk 2077 PS5 and Xbox Series X/S upgrades are now available. In addition, the game will receive a free trial version, free DLC, and a massive, 50GB 1.5 patch on all platforms.
We were shown a mission, switching between PS5, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S video of the game, during a CD Projekt Red live promoting the new versions and 1.5 patch. Whereas the Xbox version will be a patch upgrade, PS5 owners will have to download a full new version of the game, as well as transfer any existing save data from the PS4 edition.
Games for the PS5 and Xbox Series X will have performance (prioritising 60FPS) or ray-tracing options, but the Xbox Series S will only have a single 30FPS, 1440p setting.
The ability to modify your character’s basic appearance in the mirror of their home apartment, including additional options for hair and make-up, will be one of the more popular DLC additions to all versions of the game. You will also be able to purchase fresh aesthetic makeovers for the flat – as well as four completely new homes across Night City. Those homes may also see your game’s amorous partners stopping in to spend the night.
Another free DLC adds additional weaponry to purchase from Wilson’s gun store after meeting Takemura in the game’s plot. The game’s developers also stated that there will be some “secrets” still to discover throughout the game.
The new free trial will allow you to play the game for 5 hours (but expires after 30 days). It’s most likely being used to persuade individuals who were put off by the numerous accounts of Cyberpunk’s terrible debut – which resulted in the game being withdrawn from the PS Store, CDPR being forced to settle a lawsuit with disgruntled investors, and the postponement of these enhancements.
Patch 1.5 will be available for all platforms and will be a massive 50GB upgrade. It intends to include a slew of new fixes and improvements. Perk trees have been changed, and perk trees have been rethought. In-progress saves will be given back all of their perk points to be reallocated. Perks have been tweaked to rebalance the game, with some branches being replaced (for example, stealth has been renamed Ninjutsu) and others being removed (including the near-useless perk that prevented detection underwater). Fighting with a throwing knife has also been adapted.
The AI of NPC foes has also been tweaked, with the purpose of making them smarter and more effective in combat. When confronted with a perilous circumstance, NPCs on foot and in automobiles will react more realistically. It’s worth noting that improved crowd reactions will only be coming to PC/Stadia and new-gen console versions of the game, seemingly due to memory constraints.
Driving has also been altered, with cars appearing to be modified to feel heavier, brakes made more effective, and vision boosted when driving in first-person mode. Burnouts and drifting have also become more accessible. When numerous automobiles are summoned, they now arrive in distinct locations rather than colliding in the same one. The economy has also been rebalanced, with automobiles being somewhat less expensive to purchase.
Exclusive Cyberpunk 2077 Next-Gen Features
- Ray-traced local light shadows have been added.
- Native achievement support has been added to next-generation consoles. Please keep in mind that because the next-generation version has a different SKU, PlayStation trophies won through backward compatibility will not be transferred. Using the Smart Delivery function, Xbox accomplishments will display instantly on the next version.
- On the PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X, two new graphical options were introduced:
Ensures smooth gameplay at 60fps with dynamic 4K scaling.
Ray Tracing Mode
Provides photorealistic shadow and reflection rendering as well as gameplay at 30fps with dynamic 4K scaling.
- The Xbox Series S version has no graphics mode selection and is by default presented at 30 FPS in 1440p with dynamic resolution scaling.
- Added performance improvements which significantly decrease the number of FPS drops and improve rendering quality.
- Balanced HDR to achieve parity across all platforms.
- Various visual quality improvements.
- Added Activity Cards for PS5.
- Added Spanish voiceover support in the Americas (PlayStation codes: CUSA-16596 and CUSA-16597). Due to technical constraints, it is available only on next-gen consoles. For further details on language support see: Xbox, PlayStation.
- Implemented support for spatial audio on PlayStation 5 for 3D-audio-enabled headphones and built-in TV speakers via PS5 ‘s Tempest 3D AudioTech solution.
Implemented the use of adaptive triggers on PS5 controllers.
- Haptic feedback is now customized based on in-game activity.
- The controller’s built-in speaker is used for holocalls, text messages, and everything that happens in V’s head.
Cyberpunk 2077 New DLC Details
This additional content is available for players on all platforms.
Apartments can be rented (with a one-time fee) when encountered in Night City or through the EZEstates website when accessed through the computer in V’s Megabuilding H10 apartment. They become available after completing the Playing for Time quest. It’s possible to rent all apartments at the same time. All apartments share the same stash.
- Northside, Watson (€$5,000)
- Japantown, Westbrook (€$15,000)
- The Glen, Heywood (€$40,000)
- Corpo Plaza, City Center (€$55,000)
Additionally, you can now customize V’s starting apartment in Megabuilding H10 using the EZEstates website for €$10,000.
Some interactions in the apartments provide a temporary buff:
- Take shower – applies the “Refreshed” status for one hour.
- Refreshed: Allows you to regenerate Health during combat. Health will regenerate on its own up to 60% of the maximum threshold.
- If you possess the Regeneration perk, this increases in combat Health regen rate by 20% and your Health regen threshold by 20%.
- Go to sleep – regenerates health and applies the “”Rested”” status for one hour.
- Rested: Gain +20% Skill XP.
- Brew coffee – applies the “Energized” status for one hour.
- Energized: +25% Max Stamina, +30% Stamina Regen.”
- You can now tweak certain features of your appearance (such as hair, makeup, piercing, etc.) when using the mirror in any of your apartments and safehouses. It’s free and you can do it as often as you like. Character customization also includes more makeup and hair color options. Who’s the fairest of them all, now?
What’s New at Wilson’s?
- You can check out new items in Wilson’s 2nd Amendment store in Megabuilding H10 or look for them while exploring Night City.
- 2 new weapons: Darra Polytechnic Umbra (Power Assault Rifle), Budget Arms Guillotine (Power Submachine Gun)
- 4 new weapon scopes: Kang Tao Jue long scope, Tsunami Gaki sniper scope, Arasaka Kanetsugu short scope, Handyman short scope
- New type of weapon attachments – muzzle brakes: 10 new muzzle brakes: 5 for handguns (RC-7 Ifrit, RC-7 Liger, RC-7 Dybbuk, RC-7 Kutrub, RC-7 Babaroga); 5 for assault rifles & submachine guns (RC-7 Aswang, RC-7 Varkolak, RC-7 Zaar, RC-7 Yokai, RC-7 Strigoi).
New Poses in Photo Mode
- We added a number of new poses in Photo Mode, including poses for Johnny Silverhand (only available in flashback scenes when playing as Johnny).