When wearing a Samsung Galaxy Watch, you can see all incoming alerts. Notifications are, as always, an important part of our daily lives. Without them, it’s impossible to know how many emails, phone calls, and vital app notifications we miss during the day. 4
However, if you are one of those customers who are not receiving any notifications on their Galaxy Watch and are unsure where to begin? Here is the whole lesson, which includes 10 remedies to the Samsung Watch not receiving notifications issue.
Fix Notification Not Working on Samsung Watch 5
Before doing these troubleshooting steps, we recommend reconnecting the Galaxy Watch to the Phone to check whether the issue is resolved. If not, read the entire guide.
Restart the Galaxy Watch and Phone
Rebooting the watch and phone on a regular basis can resolve the issue of the Samsung Galaxy Watch5 series not showing notifications. So try restarting the Watch (to restart the watch, simply turn it off and wait a few seconds before turning it back on) and the phone at the same time.
Check to see that the connected phone is not turned off
Not receiving notifications on the Galaxy Watch could be due to the phone to which your device is connected being in Airplane Mode, DND, or totally turned off. So, ensure that the aforementioned functionalities are disabled, and if your phone is drained, thoroughly charge it.
Activate Notifications in the Wearable App
You may not have correctly configured the Galaxy Watch’s Notification Settings, or an inadvertent touch in the Galaxy Wearable App results in a disabled notification feature, resulting in the Samsung Galaxy Watch5 pro notification not working. Whatever the cause, we recommend checking that the Notification feature in the Galaxy Wearable App is active.
- On the paired phone, open the Galaxy Wearable App.
- Navigate to the Watch Settings > Notifications menu.
- On the next screen, check to see if the Toggle next to the Notification is turned on.
Check the settings for individual app notifications on the Galaxy Watch/Android/iPhone.
Not receiving notifications from a specific app on your Galaxy Watch5? Unlike earlier models, the Galaxy Watch5 has separate app notification settings. Finally, the settings are not completely setup for the app with which you are having trouble. The steps to verify are as follows.
For instance, Whatsapp Notification Not Displaying On Galaxy Watch
- Open the Galaxy Wearable App and go to Watch Settings.
- Select Notifications. Select More from the list of most recent apps.
- This will display the list of applications. Turn on the toggle next to WhatsApp.
Android App Notification,
You could also check the settings on your Android phone.
- Navigate to Android Settings > Apps.
- Choose the problematic app from which you are not receiving notifications on your Galaxy Watch. Take, for example, WhatsApp.
- Go to Notifications and check the Show Notifications box.
However, you must go through each notification option individually to ensure that everything is properly established.
iPhone App Notifications,
If the notice does not appear on the Galaxy Watch when linked to the iPhone, check the individual app alerts.
- First, navigate to Settings > Notifications.
- Go to WhatsApp. And enable the Toggle present next to the Allow Notifications option.
Check Notification Access On Your Android Phone
Always keep in mind that there is a Watch plugin on the Phone that must be enabled in order for the notification to appear on the Galaxy Watch5. As of now, it is enabled by default, but the hesitant touch on the phone settings or recent updates may change the phone settings.
- On your Android phone, go to Settings > Apps.
- Look for Special Access/Applications. If you don’t see those options, click the Three-Dots Icon in the top right corner. Select Special Access/Apps.
- Choose Notification Access.
- Turn on the toggle next to the Watch Plugin and Galaxy Wearable App on the next screen.
Turn On System Notification On iPhone
The Galaxy Watch5 Pro is not receiving notifications from iPhone since the system notification has been disabled.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Click the I Icon next to your Watch. Then turn on Share System Notifications.
Enable Show Alerts When Phone Not In Use
When the phone screen is turned off, the smartwatch may not display text messages because the show alert when phone is not in use feature is disabled. This functionality allows the Watch to display notifications even when the phone’s screen is turned off. So let’s enable that and see if the problem is resolved.
- As always, launch the Galaxy Wearable App.
- Navigate to Watch Settings > Notifications.
- Toggle the Show Alert When Phone Is Not In Use switch on.
Check Storage Availability
To get ongoing notifications, the newer Galaxy Watch requires storage space in the casing. Navigate to Settings > About Watch to confirm the storage space. Storage will appear on the following screen. If it is not completely full, proceed to the next troubleshooting steps.
Because the Galaxy Wearable app is the primary reason for the Watch to function properly and efficiently, it’s important to keep the software in good form by regularly updating it.
Clear the cache of the Galaxy Wearable app on your Android phone
The cache, unlike the updates, requires maintenance. As of today, the cache of the Galaxy Wearable app becomes corrupted over time. Finally, the Galaxy Watch is unable to receive notifications.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps.
- Select Galaxy Wearable App > Storage from the menu.
- Finally, choose Clear Cache.
However, no data can be collected while doing this step. At the same time, the updated Cache will be instantly loaded.
Contact Samsung Customer Service
Having tried every possible option to fix Notifications not working on Galaxy Watch with no success, it is now time to contact the Samsung Support Team.
A regular occurrence is notification failure on the Galaxy Watch. It’s also aggravating to miss vital calls and messages. However, if you follow the troubleshooting steps outlined above, you should be able to resolve the issue.
Why am I not receiving notifications on my Samsung Watch?
The most common cause of the Galaxy Watch5 not receiving notifications is a lack of connectivity between the watch and phone. To begin, check the connection on your Samsung Galaxy Watch for Android or iPhone. If there is no connection, try connecting both devices and re-establishing the connection.
Why does my Galaxy Watch not vibrate when I receive a notification?
Check that your Samsung Galaxy Watch Notification Settings are correct. Restart the Samsung Galaxy Watch and the phone to which it is linked. Currently, a little malfunction can cause the issue.