The Callisto Protocol is a survival horror video game published by Krafton and developed by Striking Distance Studios. Glen Schofield, who previously co-created the Dead Space series, directed the film, which was released on December 2, 2022. The game is currently available on PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S, and Microsoft Windows. However, the Callisto Protocol title, like other video games, has an annoying screen tearing problem on PC, PS4, PS5, or Xbox Consoles.
If you are experiencing the same problem, fully follow this troubleshooting approach to resolve it. Screen Flickering or Screen Tearing has become one of the most prevalent concerns among gamers, regardless of whether they are using a PC or a console. In this case, the game seems to have some graphical flaws, or the images periodically start shimmering, which only impacts the gaming experience.
Various Methods To Fix Callisto Protocol Screen Tearing Issue on PS4 and PS5
If you have a PS4 or PS5 console and frequently experience flickering screens, make sure to try the methods listed below one by one until the problem is resolved.
1. Update the Game
If you haven’t updated the Callisto Protocol video game on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 system in a while, follow the instructions below to do so:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 system and go to the Home screen.
- Navigate to the top-level main menu.
- Navigate to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to Callisto Protocol and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down option.
2. Keep your Console in a Ventilated Area
In certain cases, your PS4/PS5 console may experience system performance difficulties or game delays due to overheating. A lack of sufficient air circulation in the space may sometimes produce hardware stress, which directly impacts gameplay or gaming performance. As a result, you should keep your PS4/PS5 console in a well-ventilated area to determine whether or not there is an overheating problem.
The correct ventilation and a cooler location or temperature within the room may aid the PS4/PS5 console’s performance. Keeping the console in a busy place or directly in the sun may cause significant problems.
3. Check your Console and Display’s HDMI Port
It’s also a good idea to thoroughly inspect the HDMI ports on both the console and the display device because misalignment or even dust particles can easily cause connectivity issues. Remove the HDMI cable gently and then blow some forcefully to clear dirt/dust from the HDMI port.
Also: 6 Best Ways to Earn Callisto Credits in Callisto Protocol Quickly
4. Clean the Game Disc
If you’re using the PlayStation console’s disc edition, storing and playing the actual discs is a difficult task since any form of scratch, physical damage, or even dust particles may quickly spoil the disc and your gaming experience. So, just extract the game disc and carefully wipe it with a microfiber cloth to remove smudges and dirt before inserting the disc again to test for the problem.
5. Wipe the Game’s Stored Data
Clearing off the game stored data on the console seems to cure a variety of difficulties with the game starting or gameplay. You may test it out by doing the following:
- Navigate to Settings > Application Saved Data Management.
- Select Delete from System Storage, Online Storage, or USB Storage.
- Choose the Callisto Protocol game > Checkmark the files you wish to destroy, or just choose All.
- Finally, choose Delete > OK to complete the job.
- After that, reset your PS4/PS5 console to check for the Callisto Protocol screen flickering problem.
6. Make a Hard Reset to Playstation
In most circumstances, a hard reset of your console will resolve system glitches or cache data problems from the game itself. To do this:
- First, turn off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 system.
- Once the console has been switched off, press and hold the Power button until you hear two beep noises within a few seconds.
- There are two reset options available here.
- To reset your PlayStation system, choose the appropriate option.
- Wait for the procedure to finish before signing in to your PlayStation account.
- Finally, install and run the Callisto Protocol game.
7. Reboot the Playstation
If you own a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console and are experiencing problems with system performance or in-game performance, make sure to reboot the device to refresh the system. A simple reset of the console may resolve the problem with game crashes or delays, stutters, screen flickering, and so on.
8. Try the Power Cycle
Any system malfunction or cache problem may sometimes cause errors, crashes, lags, screen flickering, and so on. To enhance speed, just power cycle your console to erase the temporary cache or glitch.
- First, turn off your console entirely.
- Remove the power wire from the console next.
- Wait around 30 seconds before reconnecting the cord.
- Finally, restart the PS4/PS5 console and look for the problem again.
9. Check the Screen’s Refresh Rate
Another potential cause of Callisto Protocol latency on the PS4/PS5 console is a problem with the screen refresh rate on your TV or monitor. A momentary bug or a refresh rate problem on the PS4/PS5 system might cause some trouble.
10. Is there enough Free Space?
A lack of hard drive storage space can sometimes cause application launching issues in addition to glitches, slow loading, lags, graphical issues, and so on. Before making any other decisions, you should always check for free hard drive storage space. If your PlayStation console’s free storage space is too low, uninstall any unnecessary games or applications before checking for screen tearing again.
11. Wait Some Time
PlayStation games may sometimes fail to operate correctly, which is a disappointment. Play another game on the PS4/PS5 system to rule out any problems, or wait some time before trying again.
12. Rebuild your PlayStation console’s database
Rebuilding your PlayStation console’s database can quickly resolve any potential issues or errors. To do this:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check to see if this problem has been resolved with the Callisto Protocol Stay Human game. If not, proceed to the steps below.
- Now, hold down the Power button on your PlayStation system until you hear two beeps. [After seven seconds, the second buzzer will sound]
- The console will enter Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the console’s USB port and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Following that, you’ll see a Rebuild Database option.
- Choose Rebuild Database and confirm the operation.
- It may take some time depending on the amount of hard disc data. Please be patient.
- After that, just restart the system normally.
13. Change the Game’s Graphic Setting
Even if you’re utilizing the PS4/PS5 platform, frame dips are to be anticipated in certain games. Make sure to try another graphics option in the game settings menu to see if the higher graphics settings are interfering with system performance. Changing the graphics mode or lowering the graphics quality to some level (depending on your needs) may help to resolve such a problem.
14. Avoid Putting Your Console In Rest Mode
As a bonus technique, avoid putting your console in rest mode since it may cause the system to malfunction or completely enter rest mode. So, avoid using the rest mode during gaming sessions. To do this:
- Navigate to the PS5 Settings menu and choose the Power Saving option.
- Choose Set Time Until PS4/PS5 Switch to Rest Mode.
- Change the setting to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to effect the changes.
15. Download the Latest Firmware Update
To avoid graphical glitches or lags, it is recommended that the PS4/PS5 system software be updated. To install the update, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings > System.
- Choose System Software > Select System Software Update and Settings from the menu.
- Select System Software Update > Choose Update Using Internet.
Callisto Protocol Screen Tearing: Ways to Fix on Xbox
If you’re using an Xbox gaming system and experiencing screen tearing with the Callisto Protocol game, please be sure to try the solutions listed below.
1. Do a Power Cycle
It’s worth noting that you should power cycle your Xbox console to check there’s no problem with the device firmware or a bug. In most circumstances, a standard reboot will not work and a power cycle will be required to wipe up transient malfunctions or cache data errors. To do this:
- Turn off the Xbox console and disconnect the power cable from the console and the power source.
- Wait about 30 seconds before reconnecting the power cable.
- Check to see if the screen flickering issue has been resolved by turning on the Xbox console.
2. Check For Any Updates on Xbox
We strongly advise you to check for system upgrades on the Xbox console before attempting any additional solutions, since an old system version might cause any number of screen-related difficulties. To do this:
- To access the Dashboard menu, press the Home button on the Xbox console.
- Now, at the bottom of the menu, click Settings > Select All Settings.
- Navigate to System > Updates.
- Choose Update Console (if it is accessible) > To finish the update, just follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once finished, restart the console to implement the modifications.
Check Out: Best Places To Get Data Bios Collectibles in Callisto Protocol Chapter 2
3. Reset Xbox
If none of the preceding techniques worked for you, please sure follow the steps below to manually reset the console. You may effortlessly clean away any system malfunctions or cache data problems from your console by doing so. To do this:
- To access the Guide menu, press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Choose Profile & System > Navigate to Settings > System.
- Navigate to Console Info > Choose Reset console.
- You’ll be prompted, “Reset your console?”
- You should pick Reset and delete everything here. [This will wipe all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, and all installed applications and games, among other things.]
- Although you may opt to Reset and retain my games and applications, in most circumstances, this will not cure the problem.
- When you choose this option, your Xbox console begins uninstalling and resetting the system to its factory default settings.
- Wait for the procedure to finish before rebooting the console.
4. Update the Game to Latest Version
You should also update the game version on your console to guarantee that the game files are not corrupted. A stale or corrupted game may quickly cause a slew of problems. To do this:
- Navigate to your Dashboard’s My Games and Apps area.
- Navigate to Manage > Updates.
- You can simply locate any available updates for your Callisto Protocol game.
- To begin the updating process, pick it and push the A button on the controller.
You May Like: Cyberpunk 2077: PS5 and Xbox Series X/S Versions Are Out Now
5. Completely Reinstall Game
You could also try removing and reinstalling the Callisto Protocol game on your Xbox. After that, reinstall it on the Xbox console to prevent game-related troubles. To do this:
- To access the Guide menu, press the Xbox button on the controller.
- Choose My Games and Apps > Select Games from the See All menu.
- Then click the Ready to Install tab > Queue.
- Choose the Callisto Protocol game that you want to reinstall.
- Now, on your controller, hit the Menu button.
- Choose either the Manage game and add-ons or the Manage app.
- Select the Callisto Protocol > Select Uninstall everything.
- You finalize the job, be sure to pick Uninstall all.
- Allow the uninstallation procedure to finish.
- To make modifications take effect, restart the system.
- Then, on the controller, click the Xbox button to return to the Guide menu.
- Select My Games and Apps > See all > Games.
- Select the Ready to Install tab > Click the Callisto Protocol Install button.
- Wait for the installation procedure to complete before restarting the console.
Callisto Protocol Screen Tearing: Ways To Solve the issue on PC
The likelihood is that your in-game graphics settings or V-Sync problem is interfering with the online multiplayer title. According to various complaints, the majority of afflicted users experience screen flickering or shimmering during sequences. We’ve included all of the available solutions that should be quite helpful.
It should be noted that if you experience screen flickering or tearing during gaming, this does not necessarily indicate that your game is having problems. It is also conceivable that your PC or console is experiencing problems with the software/hardware component. Though many online multiplayer video games have bugs or stability difficulties, you should always double-check the cause and attempt to repair it yourself.
1. Set the Game To High Priority
Make your game a higher priority in the Task Manager to instruct your Windows system to effectively execute the game. To do this:
- Right-click the Start button and choose Task Manager.
- Right-click on the Callisto Protocol game job in the Processes tab.
- Set the priority to High and then close Task Manager.
- Finally, launch the Callisto Protocol game to see whether it crashes on PC.
2. Check for Corrupt Game Files
If there is an issue with the game files and they become damaged or missing, be sure you use this way to readily check for the problem.
- Start Steam > Select Library.
- From the list of installed games, right-click on Callisto Protocol and choose Properties.
- Now, choose Properties > Local Files.
- Select Verify Game File Integrity.
- You’ll have to wait till the procedure is finished.
- After that, restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher > Select Library.
- Click on the Callisto Protocol Stay Human three-dots symbol.
- When you click Verify, the game files will be verified.
- Wait for the procedure to finish before restarting the launcher.
3. Check Internet Connectivity
You could also test your internet connection on your PC to verify whether it is working properly. Slower internet speeds or unreliable connections might create problems running the game or retrieving data from the server. To double-check the network connectivity issue, try switching the internet connection from wired (ethernet) to wireless (Wi-Fi).
If your IP address is giving you trouble or your DNS address is giving you trouble, be sure to utilize the Google DNS address on your PC to prevent rubberbanding, stuttering, or even lagging difficulties that might occur due to sluggish internet.
4. Update Graphics Drivers to Most Recent Version
If you haven’t updated your graphics driver on your Windows machine, be sure you install the most recent patch version. To do so, go through the procedures below to check for available updates:
- To access the Quick Link Menu, press the Windows + X keys together.
- Now, from the list, choose Device Manager > Double-click on Display Adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card you’re using and choose Properties.
- Next, choose Update driver > Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, the system will download and install it automatically.
- When finished, restart the computer to have the modifications take effect instantly.
5. Turn V-Sync On
To some degree, turning on the Vertical Sync option in your Nvidia Control Panel program for the Callisto Protocol game can help you prevent graphical errors. Keep in mind that this solution only works with Nvidia graphics cards.
- From the Start menu, open the Nvidia Control Panel. If it isn’t already installed, go to the Microsoft Store and install it.
- In the Nvidia Control Panel interface, go to 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings.
- Choose Program Settings > Select Callisto Protocol from the list of applications on your PC and click Add.
- If the game program isn’t shown, select Browse and go to the Callisto Protocol installation location on the disc.
- Add the DyingLight2.exe program to the Callisto Protocol folder > Then choose the game from the list and add it.
- Scroll down to Vertical sync > Click on it and choose On to activate it. This will cause the Callisto Protocol game to always utilize V-Sync.
- Restart your computer to implement the adjustments and play the game again to check for the problem.
6. Stop Any Background Tasks
Another thing you may do is stop superfluous background processes on your PC to guarantee that no more system resources are being used in the background. Maintain the status of Callisto Protocol, Steam, and other system-related duties. To do background tasks:
- To launch Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Select the task you wish to close from the Processes tab.
- Once you’ve decided, click Finish Task. Make careful to complete the steps for each activity separately.
- Finally, restart your computer to apply the changes instantly, and look for screen flickering or tearing caused by the Callisto Protocol.
7. Update Game
An old game version may sometimes introduce a slew of problems or troubles. Following the procedures below will let you update your Callisto Protocol game. Install the most recent patch if an update is available. To do this:
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Navigate to the Library.
- Now, click on the Callisto Protocol Stay Human three-dot symbol.
- Check that the Auto Update option is enabled.
- Start the Steam client > Navigate to Library > From the left pane, choose Callisto Protocol.
- It will automatically look for the latest update. If an update is available, be sure you click Update.
- The update may take some time to install > Once installed, be sure to quit the Steam client.
- Finally, restart your computer to have the modifications take effect, and then try starting the game again.
8. Choose Power Options to High Performance
If your Windows system is set to Balanced mode under Power Options, just switch to High-Performance mode for better results. However, this choice will need more power or battery consumption. To do this:
- Click on the Start button, then type Control Panel and choose it from the search results.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
- To pick it, click on High Performance.
- Close the window and completely shut off your computer. To do so, go to the Start Menu > Power > Shut Down.
- You may restart your computer after it has been completely shut off.
9. Update Your Operating System
Updating the Windows OS build is always recommended for PC users and gamers in order to eliminate system malfunctions, compatibility difficulties, and crashes. Meanwhile, the most recent version mostly offers new features, enhancements, security updates, and other changes. To do this:
- To access the Windows Settings menu, press the Windows + I keys together.
- Then, under the Windows Update section, choose Update & Security > Check for updates.
- If a feature update is available, choose Download and install.
- The update may take some time to finish.
- After that, restart your computer to allow the update to be installed.
Related: How to factory reset your Windows 11 without reinstalling
10. Lower the Graphics Settings
To begin, try decreasing the in-game graphical settings on your PC or console to see if it helps you resolve the frame drops or stuttering problems. Try disabling several of the Callisto Protocol game’s display options, such as texture details, shadow effect, v-sync, anti-aliasing, and so on. This should increase FPS and gaming performance/smoothness.
The goal of this article is to help you fix the Callisto Protocol screen tearing issue on your PC. Callisto protocol has been tested on multiple devices and platforms including PS4, Xbox, and PC. Ultimately, you will be able to fix Callisto Protocol screen tearing by following these steps. Hopefully, the article will make the whole process easy for you.